So. It's the end of the year. It really amazes me how fast the years fly by the older you get. I am sure to Miles it seems like a lifetime, but to me it seems like a couple of months. I feel like I really got nothing done this year. I feel like I have procrastinated more than usual and that is never a good feeling. I don't remember what my resolution(s) were last year, but I find it unlikely I accomplished any of them, unless they involved putting things off and watching TV. I guess, looking back, it was a fairly stressful year. My mother breaking her hip was the highlight of that stress. She lived with both of us, and now she's back "occasionally" living with us until the snow banks are too high for her to climb over and she smartens the fuck up. Having your parents live with you is enough to drive someone to heavy drinking, and yet I seem to have given up drinking altogether. It's expensive, and it usually makes me feel like crap. I would just rather have a diet coke that doesn't give me a headache in the morning. I gave up smoking in 2007, but I did have a few slip-ups in 2008, mostly when my mother fell. Many people in my life will be happy to know, however, that I didn't buy any cigarettes the whole year. I was tempted, but for the most part I felt okay about the whole thing.
I am still working at my stupid job that I hate. I don't hate the job necessarily. The actual work that I do is not bad, and I like most of the people I work with. But they pay shit and a lot of the rules are stupid. And I have to work tomorrow at 6am. It could be worse, I could be unemployed. I am hopeful that in a year I won't be complaining about my job, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one.
I spent a lot of 2008 debating the whole baby issue. Three years ago when I stopped taking birth control, I was certain that was what I wanted. And then 2 years went by and it didn't happen. So then I started second guessing it because I have this whole mentality of things happen for a reason, yada, yada. Plus I was 2 years older and so was Miles and it started seeming like maybe less of a good idea. True, there were other things effecting my decision making at that time, but I felt it was better to err on the side of caution. Now it's been a year since I went back on the pill and I've decided it's now or never. The issues I was having that made me second-guess the idea are still there, but I have decided to just do it anyway. Basically if I haven't gotten pregnant by next year, I will officially give up. One of those issues is more prominent in my mind than ever lately, but I can't revolve my life around something that may never happen. So, this is my year to try, again, to get pregnant. Of course, I have made this decision and, thanks to my perioral dermatitis, I must wait some more. Conspiracy? Perhaps.
I guess to sum it up, 2008 was sort of an odd year. Notable for my mother's accident, but little else. I am hopeful for more interesting, and happy, things for 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment