Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life goes on...

Apparently it doesn't matter if I post on here or not, things continue to happen. My children continue to age and, unfortunately so do I. Yesterday my sweet little nephew who I consider to be my surrogate child and whose appearance in this world changed my life for the better, turned 14 *gasp*. My oldest kid will be 12 in just over a month. He is now in middle school and has braces and a girlfriend. No one asked me if this was okay. I had this realization a few weeks ago, which may seem really stupidly obvious to everyone else, that my children will be men someday. Men. Not sweet little snuggly boys. I am not sure I am comfortable with that. I guess it is good that they are so far apart (9 years, 6 months, 11 hours, and 10 minutes to be precise) because as the big one gets less snuggly, I still have one I can smother with attention. For now.

No comments: