Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blood, anyone?

I gave blood today. This is absolutely the only good thing I do for other people. It is only the third time I have done it, but I feel like it is my obligation. Apparently I have a rare blood type, which is probably why they seem so nice to me there. The thing I need to remember is to bring a book when I go because I end up waiting for quite a while sometimes. I checked in at 5:15 and didn't leave until 7:00, I am not one for small talk so I could have really used some reading material. Anyway, I did it and I feel good now. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels like they do nothing but take up space. Just be prepared for a lot of questions about your sex life. If you are a prostitute from Africa who has had a skin graft maybe you should stay home, though.

Off to replenish my fluids.

No comments: