Thursday, July 10, 2008

Neglectful

I was trying really hard last month to be better about writing here more often. But I suck. It has been really hot lately and I guess that translates into me not wanting to type. Not sure if that is really the case, or if it is just that I am a slacker.

So, I have finally gotten to my final dose of four metformin a day. I guess it was just the initial shock of it in my body that made me so sick, because my last two increases didn't turn out to be that bad. I feel no different, except for the fact that I now take a grand total of 12 (twelve) pills a day. Granted, four of those are vitamins, but I am still old. I will have to take a picture of my old-lady pill caddy to post. I just need a cane. That will come sooner than I want it to, I am sure. Especially with my genes.

We went to a wedding this past weekend. It was a friend of the family on Erik's side. It was a nice wedding, but hard to overlook the fact that it cost an obscene amount of money and 1) they actually already got married over a year ago and 2) the bride's father offered to give her the money for a down payment on a house, but she wanted the wedding instead. I have had a wedding. Two actually. Three if you count the one in that woman's living room. Anyway, I can say from experience that weddings are lovely, but you are no less married if you spend $15,000 or $1500. My wedding was awesome (the most recent one), and we had an awesome time, but I still kind of wish I had just saved my money and gone on a nice trip somewhere.

Saturday is my sister's birthday. She is going to be 27. Again. So I am throwing her a mini-bash with the usual cast of characters (us and my mom, maybe Erryl) and we are having lobsters. I haven't had a lobster in probably two years, so I am really looking forward to it. Plus, I love throwing parties. That is one of me and Erryl's business plans, to be professional party planners. I am not holding my breath for it.

Off to plan.

No comments: