Erik and I rented some movies this weekend as usual. I always get them from the vending machine at the grocery store, because it only costs $1.00 so if it sucks I don't' feel cheated. On Friday night we watched "Eastern Promises". I wasn't sure about this movie going into it. I had seen previews of it and thought it looked like crap. On the other hand, I heard good th
ings, and it had Viggo Mortensen in it and I think he is fabulous in everything he does. Plus, he was nominated for an Academy Award for it. Anyway, it was horrid. He was good, but I have come to the conclusion that I don't really like Naomi Watts. The only other thing I think I have seen her in was "The Ring", and it seemed to me like she was the same person as in that. I hated that movie, too. The only reason to watch "Eastern Promises" as far as I can tell is for the nude fight scene, not so much because you get to see Viggo's parts as much as you just have to wonder how stressful that must have been. I am sure it is hard enough to film scenes where you are being beaten, stabbed, and thrown around by large men, but to have to do it naked? That is acting. We also watched "Perfect Stranger" with Halle Berry, that sucked too. But, I only spent $2.00.Miles is getting his white belt in Tae Kwon Do today. I am in awe of his power.

Off to slack.


No comments:
Post a Comment