Friday, March 28, 2008

Yay, it's Friday!

In the last 2 years, since I got a real job with weekends off, I have really come to appreciate Friday afternoons. I got out early today because there wasn't much to do. Went over to see Zipper Hip and brought her a salad from Wendy's. We visited and gossiped. Aside from the snow, it turned out to be a pretty good day. Plus, it's Friday.

Sunday is my mommy's birthday. Tomorrow I have to make her a birthday cake. The hitch is she
doesn't eat sugar. So I have to make this recipe I got from the Splenda website. It isn't completely sugar-free, because I have to use the 1/2 Splenda 1/2 sugar mix, but she doesn't know the difference. I have eaten a lot of sugar-free food in the 17-plus years since my mother gave it up, and that cake is pretty good.

Off to eat homemade pizza in my jammies. I love Fridays.

No comments: