Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One more day!!

You would think that by my jubilant usage of punctuation that I would be in an awesome mood because I am so close to being on vacation. However, I still have one more day to get through, and it could be tough. Also, I got my car back, which should be a happy occasion, but I am really pissed off about it because they swear there is nothing wrong with it. Now I know I should be happy about that, and I am happy that it didn't' cost me anything, but it really ticks me off that my car has been sitting at the garage since Friday, when all it needed was more antifreeze. MORE ANTIFREEZE!! I had an issue on Friday when it started acting up because I called Erik and asked him to come get us in Topsham because I didn't dare drive it with antifreeze coming out and the temperature gauge on "hot". I figured he could come look at it and then we would determine what to do next. He absolutely insisted that I should call AAA to have the car towed. I thought I could wait until he got there in case it was something stupid that he could fix. Oh no, if it's leaking antifreeze the radiator must be busted and he can't fix that. So I reluctantly called AAA, waited on the phone forever with a loud kid in the backseat, and then had to give them my credit card number because apparently they only cover 5 miles of towing. Erik shows up in the middle of this, looks under the hood, and announces when I get off the phone that he thinks the cap was just loose and I can drive it home. AAAHHH!!! You would think it would be satisfying to be right so often, but it is really just maddening.

Off to think good thoughts.

No comments: