Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So...close...

In 44 1/2 hours I will be officially on vacation. I am really beating this vacation thing to death, I realize, especially since I am actually going nowhere and doing nothing particularly special. People at work (yes, I have been driving all of them nuts, too, with my constant countdown) have been asking what I am doing on my time off, and all I can say is "not coming in here". I am going to do my best to avoid that place as much as is humanly possible. I am there 40 hours a week normally, I think I can survive 11 or 12 days without it.

Still no car. My stomach hurts virtually all the time, not sure what that is about. I promise this won't turn into another self-pity paragraph. On a more pleasant note, I have been really appreciating my husband lately. My husband is great, most of the time, but after 9 years it is easy to forget the good stuff and just focus on the things that annoy you. This whole pseudo-drama with my ex-husband is causing me to remember him and how much he sucked as a husband. He was a very important part of my life, but I am so happy I am not married to him anymore. I don't miss the dramatics and the temper tantrums. And Erik is way cuter. Plus, he's still here, that is a big plus.

Off to be domestic.

No comments: