My child is a genius. Obviously I am not exactly impartial, and everyone says that about their child, but this time it is true. By the end of 1st grade children are ideally reading at a level 16. At our last parent-teacher conference in February, Miles was at around a 12 or 13, which was normal. Now he is reading at level 20. It just amazes me. It's unfortunate that he has to take medication in order for it to happen, but at least it is working. Erik has ADHD as well, and he's gone through his whole life thinking he's stupid because he didn't do well in school. I don't want that for Miles.
Today I am off, again. Erik was going to stay home with me, but he went to work anyway because he is way too responsible. Miles has a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I have to pick him up early. I should clean, but it's supposed to rain this weekend, so perhaps I will put it off until then. Or next year.
Off to slack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment