Yesterday we spent what amounts to a small fortune on plants for our yard. I got some for the planters by the walkway, for around the mailbox, and we finally got the hedges we have been wanting to put in on the other side of the driveway so no one will drive on it anymore. When we bought this house 2 years ago it was a business, and they used the entire yard for a driveway. We sectioned part of it off on the far side and planted grass, but people still drove on it as though the grass weren't there. By people I don't mean our friends and loved ones who come over to visit us, I mean the seemingly thousands of people who drive up this narrow, dead end street with 3 houses on it on a daily basis. Before this house went up for sale, I had never even seen this road, let alone drove up it, but apparently everyone in the area feels the need to drive up here and turn around. I have issues with this, if you couldn't tell.
So we planted some of our stuff today, but then we got tired of it, and there was a game on. I had a tick crawling on me earlier and Erik just pulled one out of his leg. Barf. I had great plans to make a big dinner, but now I am tired and don't want to. I have laundry to do and I need a shower.
Off to check for ticks. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment