Saturday, May 24, 2008

Very busy

So, because my work is still lame, I have had the last 2 days off as well as today and tomorrow. It seems like such a nice deal, except the mortgage doesn't get paid on 17 hours a week. On Thursday I went on a trip, despite the exorbitant gas prices, to the big city and the Christmas Tree Shop. It was a productive time, I bought some lawn chairs, a new flag, some baskets for the bathroom; and I saw some old friends from high school. Yesterday, Erik took the day off as well and we went to Lowe's and spent another small fortune on soil, mulch and more plants. Who needs to eat when you have an awesome looking yard? Anyway, we also planted a little and a strange cat we have never seen before showed up in our yard and wouldn't leave. It loved us, it got in my lap and made biscuits, and when we went inside it stood on our fire escape and cried at us to come in. I don't need another cat. It was really cute, though.

If the clouds go away we have more planting in store for today. Also a cookout with my mom and the Eckers. I think I don't need to leave the house today for anything and I love that. Last night I went to a going-away party for my friend Linda from work. Her husband is in the Navy and she's moving to Tennessee. She is awesome and I am going to miss her a lot. I had a really good time and didn't get home until *gasp* 9:30! I am so rebellious.

Off to have coffee.

No comments: