Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shut up

So my child has - no surprise here- ADHD. Now I have to decide what to do about it, if anything. I am terribly stressed and depressed about the whole thing. I don't want to talk to anyone about it, because everyone seems to have an opinion about what I should do. He is my child and I am the one who has to decide and I am the one who has to deal with it. I don't really give a shit what anyone else has to say. It just amazes me that people think they can tell me how to parent. Anyone who has never dealt with this as a parent has no idea what it is like. I love my baby just the way he is. Sure, he drives me nuts when he bounces off the walls and doesn't pay attention when I tell him 100 times a day not to run in the house. But that is him and I accept that. If it were as simple as his behavior being annoying, then I would never do anything about it. But it is not that simple. His life at school is suffering because of it. I don't want him to grow up thinking he is stupid because he doesn't understand what is going on in class. He understands, he just doesn't listen because his mind is too busy being preoccupied with other things. I just don't know what the right answer is and I don't care to hear what anyone else thinks it is. I just want to curl into a ball and go to sleep and when I wake up it will all be taken care of.

No comments: