Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday excitement

It's the weekend finally. I was able to sleep in today without any grief or snide comments thanks to my 10-hours-less-a-week argument. I guess once I put it into real numbers instead of whining about how tired I always am, I actually got some sympathy. Yay me!

We didn't leave the house today, but got quite a bit done. Erik installed some new cabinets in our horrible kit
chen. The cabinets are horrible as well, but it means more storage which it is sorely lacking in. Eventually we want a whole new kitchen, but that would require building an addition, since our plan is to make half of our current kitchen into a downstairs bathroom. So until I can afford my new addition with new kitchen, I don't care so much if stuff doesn't match. I do plan to paint all the cabinets so they will match somewhat, but I don't know when that will happen. I also plan to paint the kitchen, dining room, and reading room. Hopefully within the next 10 years. I tend to procrastinate.

I bought Miles one of those disgusting Kid's Cuisine frozen entrees that he loves so much. Because of his severe milk allergy, there are only 3 kinds he can eat, and he still can't eat everything in those 3. For dinner tonight he was going to eat the "Fiesta Beef Taco Dippers", which consists of 3 little tacos, a bag of tiny tortilla chips, applesauce, and disgusting liquid cheese. So I opened it and discovered that the frozen liquid cheese substitute had somehow leaked into the other compartments, thereby rendering it inedible to
my child. There was one taco that didn't get contaminated, but what would be the point of eating one microscopic taco? He took it well. Everyone assumes he must have it so hard because of his allergy. He has been like this his whole life, so he doesn't know any different. Sometimes it bothers him, but I try to find dairy-free alternatives to most of the things that other people eat. Except cheese, I have yet to find a dairy-free cheese that doesn't look or taste like plastic.

That's all I have for now. Tomorrow is the big game. Go Pats! Monday is Miles' doctor's appointment. I am incredibly nervous and stressed about the whole thing.

I just remembered I have a gin and tonic sitting on the counter. Off to drink away my sorrows!

No comments: