It's almost Friday again. Next week is rather busy. I am not actually working that much, only 28 hours, but there is a lot going on. Monday I am taking Miles to the doctor to begin what I can only assume will be a long and arduous process of having him evaluated for ADHD. I already know he has it, I have known for years, but now we have to figure out what the hell to do about it. Erik has it and he never took medicine or did anything that I know of to help him out. He struggled in school and still thinks that he is stupid just because he had trouble concentrating. I don't want Miles to be like that and there are a lot more things they can do now to help kids. It's really hard for me because I never dealt with this growing up. Miles is really smart and does really well with reading and math, but most of the time he has trouble with his work because he wasn't paying enough attention to the instructions so he doesn't know what to do. You only want the best for your children, and I don't want him to struggle in school or in life because of this. Plus, sometimes it is more than I can take. On Thursday we have a parent-teacher conference with Mrs. Fullerton. We went to see her 3 months ago and she recommended that we take him to the doctor. It has taken me that long to do it. I suck. I am just so stressed about this whole thing.
My stomach hurts a lot lately and I feel like I have no motivation to do anything. I really want to just go to sleep. That probably isn't good. I usually sleep in on the weekends, but I always get such grief about it that almost doesn't help. I would just like to point out that I am up 2 hours before everyone else in this house Monday through Friday. That is 10 hours less of sleep that I get than them. I need a whole extra nights sleep to make up for that. That is a really good argument. I might use that on Saturday when I am made fun of for sleeping past 9. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to sleep through to the next day. Sad, but true.
I feel icky. Maybe I will go lay down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment