Saturday, January 19, 2008

Surprise

Well, my weekend has turned out completely different than I thought it would. I guess I should say I didn't have any real specific plans other than watching the Patriot's game tomorrow, which I will still be doing, but it is different than I thought it would be. First of all, we had Chinese for dinner last night. I was all prepared to cook, but Erik said we could eat out and I was not going to argue. Then we watched the movie Babel, which was quite good but incredibly depressing. I am glad I saw it, but don't feel compelled to ever watch it again. It was stressful.

At around 5:00 this morning, we were awoken to Erik's beeper going off. I was worried because the only other time he has been called in the middle of the night was when they had that flood last year. It turned out to be crazy old people who always think their furnace is broken when it doesn't come on right away. He didn't have to go in, but was beeped again at around 8:30 by the same people. This time he went and put portable heaters in every room in their house so they couldn't complain about being cold. Shortly before he left, Rory called to invite Miles over to his Dad's house to spend the night. Score! So we met up with Terry at Rory's basketball game and handed him over. It's so weird to not have a kid. Usually if we get a babysitter it is for a specific reason, but this time we had nothing really to do. It has been awesome. We went to Target and I got new shelves for my bedroom. I have too many books for all my shelves and I was tired of waiting for Erik to build me some. I am sure I will fill these soon, so I will still need him to build more, but these should tide me over for a little bit. We also rented some more movies, but I can't remember right now what the hell they are. I think one has Kevin Bacon in it, but I guess that doesn't narrow it down much.

I am off to clean my room so I can build my new shelves! Go Pats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Babel was a great movie. And I too will never watch it again.