Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend fun

Wow I can't believe I haven't written since Wednesday. Not much has really happened, I guess. Friday after work Miles and I took my sister to Cumberland to get her paycheck because the day before she attempted it and this is what happened:
Some random piece of debris or something hit her windshield while she was driving on the highway. It has been fixed now, but the guys who fixed it were really curious about what happened. They thought it was a bat or a sledgehammer. If only it were that interesting.

Yesterday I went shopping all by myself, but it was rather enjoyable. I went to Big Lots and got a bunch of treasures. My favorite by far was a new shower curtain. The shower curtain we currently have in our bathroom is an underwater scene with fish. I bought it for Miles' bathroom when we lived in our last house and he had his own. Now we have only one bathroom and, frankly, I don't want that to be my statement to people who come to my house and use my bathroom. Erik and Miles were both skeptical about my purchase, but both now agree that it makes the bathroom look much nicer. I will post a picture when I get new batteries for my camera and can take one.

Erryl came over today for a brief visit. We were supposed to go out for coffee, but I had too many chores to do to be able to go out. Plus, I think she is going to yell at me about stuff. Anyway, it was nice to see her because she is my best friend in the whole universe. There is really no better friend out there than her. Seriously, though, we get on each other's nerves sometimes (and sometimes she yells at me) but I honestly couldn't imagine my life without her. She has been there for all of the important stuff, and she will continue to be no matter what that stuff turns out to be. And she is one of only two people who ever read this thing, the other being my sister, so I know she cares. And she is never moving away again unless I am with her.

I got a lot done today, but I STILL haven't gotten my damn shelves put together. I swear I am going to work on them tonight after Miles goes to bed. Really. I mean it this time.

No comments: