Monday, February 11, 2008

Sinners

I am determined to have a good week, even if it kills me. Work sucks, but I am just trying to put in my 8 hours and not stress about it too much. I need to call the doctor about Miles, but I keep putting it off because I don't want to think about it too much and get sad again. I am going to try and get everything done in a timely manner, so I don't spend the majority of my evening worrying about lunches and laundry. I say this as I am sitting in front of my computer at almost 5pm and I haven't started dinner. Baby steps.

So on occasion my semi-Catholic upbringing comes back to haunt me. Actually, no, that makes it sound sinister and it isn't. My point is this year I have given something up for Lent, trying to be the good Catholic girl that I once was, sort of. There are certain ground-rules I have developed in my head about what I can and can't do involving said activity (which I refuse to mention). However, it is proving to be much more difficult than I thought it would be, and that is all I am going to say about it. Only 35 more days.

Off to make dinner like the good wife I am. Sometimes.

No comments: