Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

It's Father's Day. As usual, my father is in Canada fishing, which makes my life so much easier because then I only have to focus on the other side of my family. We gave Erik a Red Sox shirt (and bought ones for ourselves, too), and went over to see his grandfather. His mother was there, too, but his sister is currently skiing in the French Alps and his father is in Singapore. We visited with them and even ended up eating lunch with them, which we hadn't planned. Erik's grandmother makes the greatest cole slaw in the universe. I am serious, there is no other that could even compare. Anyhow, then we went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was really good, although there were certain aspects of the story that I found a little far-fetched. I really like that kid with the weird name who plays Indy's son. We took Miles today thinking that since the movie has been out for 3 or 4 weeks, it would probably be empty. However, since it was raining the theater was packed. Miles was an angel, though. I didn't even give him any pills. It was odd.

I have more to write about because I have a thousand things going through my mind lately. I just have times where I deal better than others, and this is, apparently, one of the bad times. Tomorrow is going to be a stressful day at work, tons to do and not enough help. And I'm in charge. Good times. I will prattle on and on endlessly about my problems at another point, however, because I have to put my kid to bed. Then again, I may choose to keep it all to myself and make myself crazy. Crazier.

Off to obsess.

No comments: