So it's been disgustingly hot here lately. I detest the heat, which is one of the many reasons I still live in Maine, because if I think it gets too hot here, how would I survive anywhere else. I really need to move with the seasons because I hate the snow, too. Anyhow, it has been in the 80's and humid the last few days. I realize that there are people who live in places like Maryland where it got to 100 yesterday, so I should be happy it was only 80. My response to that is: that's what you get for moving to Maryland. So, on Sunday we put up the pool. It is one of those inflatable things that is about 3 feet deep. Obviously we aren't going to be doing any laps in it, but the kids love it and, frankly, so do I. It is just making me happy to have it. I work at a place where they don't turn on the air conditioning until 7:00. I get there at 6:00, so by the time it kicks in on days like today, I feel like I have malaria. I never really recover from that, so I usually spend the whole day wishing I could jump in some ice water. Now it is 76 out and I am wearing a long-sleeved shirt and pajama pants. Why? Because I went in my pool when I got home today, and now I feel awesome. Temperature-wise, of course. Yay pool!
It seems like this week is taking forever. That could be because I am actually working -gasp!- 40 hours this week. Shocking, I know. Next week, however, I have two days off because Miles is getting out of school on Wednesday and daycamp doesn't start until the next Monday. The doctor's office called yesterday to tell me I need to see her about my lab work. That makes one feel good. I called them today and I got a lovely, but incompetent woman who kept me on hold for about 10 minutes while she tried to figure out why I needed an appointment. When she finally told me that was why I was waiting I said "I know what I need the appointment for, I just want to know when to come in.". She told me she would call me back. Still haven't heard anything. It's not like it's important or anything. If I go in there and they tell me everything is fine, I am going to be annoyed. Isn't that what postcards are for?
I need to make dinner now, but I have no motivation. Also my house is a horrific mess. I need a cleaning lady.
Off to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment