Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Monday

The weekend is over again and I am already tired. It never bodes well for your day when you wake up and instantly think "I can't wait to go to bed". That is virtually every day for me. I feel like I need to sleep for a week.

The weekend went surprisingly well. Miles went over to Terry and Lisa's on Saturday, which is always nice. And then, of course, the Patriot's won. Need I say more? There was some sadness, however. Rory's dog Edy, who has been a part of our family for longer than I can remember, had to be put to sleep today. My sister and Terry got her, I think, before they even got married, so that was at least 14 years ago. She was one of the sweetest dogs ever. I am very picky about dogs, I only like certain ones, and I loved Edy. She was such a princess. I remember we painted her toenails one time and she was in heaven. Anyway, I got to say goodbye to her on Sunday when I picked the boys up. Rory is really sad, because she has been around longer than he has. We are all sad, but she was really suffering and now she isn't, so that makes me feel a lot better.

On a more random note, I told Erik I thought we should take a vacation. We have never taken a real vacation where we went anywhere with Miles. We went to Vermont when I was pregnant (we payed for the trip with change from our car), and we went to Florida for our honeymoon 4 years ago. Anyway, Erik has decided we should drive to the Grand Canyon. I don't know if this will happen, but everyone I tell seems to think it is the funniest thing ever. I will say, I have no problem driving long distances, in fact I love it. The furthest west I have been is Missouri, so I would really enjoy being able to see places I have never been. We wouldn't go until this summer, so we'll see what happens, but we have to do something or I will lose my mind.

I still haven't put my shelves together and it's not looking good for today because I am tired and want to sleep. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edy was a princess. She thought she was human. Terry and I used to dress her in his t-shirts and she would grin and sit very tall. Was the nail polish pink? I don't remember.